Friday, September 25, 2009

Tyra Banks Is Ridiculous


Look, I used to love Tyra, and am still sort of fascinated by how ridiculously unaware she is of herself. I mean Christ, I dressed up as her for Halloween last year. But Tyra Banks
 recently sat down for an interview with almost-corpse Larry King.  I should take a Larry/Tyra combo any night as a sleep aid.  The only thing that could make this interview more boring would be if the interview took place on a split screen with paint drying on the other side of the TV.  Needless to say, I watched the entire thing because sometimes I like to torture myself.  It's my version of cutting.  King got to the most important topic, which was Tyra's recent 'day without a weave.'  She said she felt it was her "responsibility to show as much of my real hair as possible," and said removing her weave represented a political statement for black women.  No, it didn't. There's nothing political about a weave.  It's just fake hair. How unaware of yourself could you possibly be to think your own hair could make a fucking statement about anything. Michelle Obama…that's a political statement for black women.  Tyra taking off her weave is just a statement of what Tyra looks like without a weave.  You can't take off your fake hair on national television and call it brave, unless of course you recently lost your real hair in a wildfire or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment