Thursday, September 10, 2009

Emmys 2009: Who Will Win? Who Should Win?


First- I have no idea why there are like 12 thousand nominees in each category. Apparently they changed the rules this year in order to make room for some under-rated (or undeserved) shows to sneak in. 

Outstanding Comedy Series
Entourage
Weeds
How I Met Your Mother
Flight of the Conchords
30 Rock
The Office
Family Guy

Will win: 30 Rock
Should win: The Office

Clearly I'm in the minority that The Office has only gotten better with age, seeing as die hard fans seem to think it's gotten worse. I'm just not seeing it. It's pretty much set in stone that 30 Rock will win this one. I mean, I like the show, but at times it's just really dull. And the supporting cast of The Office makes the supporting 30 Rock cast pale in comparison.

Outstanding Drama Series
Big Love
Dexter
House
Damages
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Lost

Will win: Mad Men
Should win: Lost

Surprise surprise- I think Lost deserves to win this award. However, considering the season it's nominated for is my least favorite of the entire series, I'm a little surprised it got the nod this year. I guess the only thing less surprising than me thinking Lost should win, is that Mad Men actually will win. 

Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
Steve Carrell- The Office
Tony Shaloub- Monk
Jermaine Whatever- some show I dont give a fuck about
Jim Parsons- The Big bang Theory
Alec Baldwin- 30 Rock
Charlie Sheen- Two and Half Men

Will win: Alec Baldwin- 30 Rock
Should win: Steve Carrell- The Office

All these other actors besides Steve Carrell and Jim Parsons are interchangeable. However, the Emmy voters seem to premature ejaculate over Alec Baldwin.  Yea, he's good, but nobody compares to Steve Carrell on The Office.

Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
Sarah Silverman- The Sarah Silverman Program
Mary Louise Parker- Weeds
Julia Louise Dreyfus- Old Christine
Toni Colette- United States of Tara
Christina Applegate- Samantha Who
Tina Fey- Liz Lemon

Will win: Tina Fey
Should win: Sarah Silverman

Once again, everyone loves some Tina Fey, I'm fine with that. But Sarah Silverman's irreverent and ridiculous portrayal of herself is just hilarious and more unique than any other nominee.


No comments:

Post a Comment